Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 2, 2011 -- Train Coupling

I have this fascination for trains. As you have been (if you have been) following this blog over the year you've seen photos of trains and train tracks. On this day I was unable to cross the street because the train had stopped disgorging all the passengers. I was standing just in front of the coupling of two cars and this shot just presented itself. 


Originally in color, I visualized it in B&W when I took it with my Panasonic Lumix. I thought the gray tones would give it the mechanical flavor that I felt as I looked at the image before I took it. In the digital darkroom, in addition to the modification from color to B&W, I also modified the shot by cropping it and straightening it.

f3.3 | 1/30s | ISO 200 | no flash | Panasonic Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment