Monday, July 4, 2011

July 3, 2011 -- Heron Twins

My friend Paul and I took a ride through prairie and forest preserves. In the past when we have ridden I have not had a camera with me. Fortunately this time I brought my little Panasonic Lumix. We did a large elongated loop and twice came upon this pond. The first time I caught some photos when there were two birds present, one a dusky blue Heron and this white one, which could also be a Crane. Actually I have read about these birds and it is difficult to know if they are Cranes or Herons, having to do specifically with beak and feet differentiations. But I digress.


The second time around we were like horses back to the barn. It was getting hotter and I was ready for a beer. But I asked my friend to stop so I could grab a few of this solitaire bird. In the end I got three decent shots. But this one stood out. It seems to be two birds, like twins or perhaps a shadow of memory, searching for existence from within the pond. 


f4.9 | 1/250s | ISO 200 | Panasonic Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment