Monday, October 17, 2011

October 16, 2011 -- Still Budding

While we have not had a frost, lots of my plants are starting to brown off and die, ready to be tilled under or made into compost. But this lovely little bud is new and has small siblings as well. I took this photo on October 16. It was 52 that morning on my deck. I'll be interested to see if this willful bud makes it to bloom.   I hope it does. I always like effort. 


To add the vibrancy that I saw and felt to this photo, I embellished it in the "digital lab" by mimicking the old GAF 500 slide film. "During the early 1970's the fastest color slide film available was GAF 500. It had an ISO of 500 at a time when Kodak's fastest slide film, High Speed Ektachrome, had a speed of 180. This film went out of production late in that same decade." [http://www.unomaha.edu/afghan/techinfo/SLIDES.HTM]


f3.3 | 1/30s | ISO 800 | Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment