Friday, January 14, 2011

14/365 Jan 14 2011 -- More of winter

For the past several years I have had a love affair with the stark quality of rural fields during winter. I have taken hundreds of photos of these fierce, lowering,  yet lovely scenes.  Over time I realized that taking single shot photos of these severe scenes could not do justice to their breadth. So I decided to begin taking multiple shots which I stitched together to make a single panoramic image.


Today while traveling from Chicago to Iowa, a trip that goes through the heart of northern Illinois farmland, I stopped the car to capture a scene that is shown here.  The image is composed of four images and represents at least 3/4 km or half a mile in width.


I suggest you click on the image to release its beauty.


f22   1/40 sec   ISO 100   FL 36mm Color Photo (D200)

1 comment:

  1. Love this photo, Mark! I'm enjoying all of these each day or two, even if I don't post a comment.
    Love this 365 project!

    ReplyDelete