Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7/365

Make no mistake about it, this is difficult, this being finding something to shoot every day. I mean, what photographer doesn't think about a shot all the time? But let's be real, I'm just a rank amateur and at times I am already thinking "You are over your head, fellow."  Still I am only a week into this. I can only imagine what my feeling will be like on day 221 or 297 or 346. You get the point.
OK so today it was looking bad...not the picture ideas, but the weather. I knew from the time I stepped outside that this would be a weather photo.
The first photo is sort of humorous, but also intended to focus on the weather theme. I passed this bicycle parked among others at the train station. Some intrepid riders. But one clearly knew what my knees knew: this was going to be a snow day.  This was not a difficult photo to take from a technical perspective. Anyone could take it. The difficulty was making it seem different. I don't think I was successful.
6.3  1/40sec ISO 80  (Lumix)
The sky confirmed what I and the bicyclist new to be true. Just look at this sky. I took several shots of this sky. First on auto and then using aperture priority. The problem was the buildings. They sucked up all the light. Finally I got this one, which really reflects what I did see at 2:05 in the afternoon.
f 5  1/320  ISO 80 Aperture Priority (Lumix)


Tomorrow....who knows. I am working at the wine store all day: perhaps some customer profiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment