Friday, August 26, 2011

August 13, 2011 -- Charles River and Sisters

Vacationing in Richmond, VA, we were astounded by the Charles River. It is lovely: wide and looming. The river provides a wealth of water to the area. Fish abound as do birds. Even though the water was low, we saw herons, ducks, geese and loads of smaller water birds as well as what might have been an eagle.  This photo is a panorama composed of four images.


all photos f4 | ISO 125 | Panasonic Lumix

Later at a street fair I spotted a mom with her two daughters. These two were real camera hogs and who was I not to capture such wonderful smiles and innocence. The weather was gray, and changing. I had set my camera at ISO 400, more than I needed for this picture, but I didn't want to waste a moment and loose the expressions on these two children. 

f5.6 (-.33 ev) | 1/1250s | ISO 400 | Nikon D200 | Lens Nikkor 50mm f1.4 

No comments:

Post a Comment