Monday, August 29, 2011

August 19, 2011 -- Found photos! Atlantic City Lighthouse

If you are following my blog, then you read my complete explanation for not having any photos on August 19. Frankly, I was upset with myself. As it turns out, I am in desperate need of a better organizational or cataloging system because I did take photos on the 19th ... about 40 shots. 


Oh, I do feel more complete. I am sufficiently obsessive that I was so upset with myself. Now I feel like I am again on track with my promise to myself to take at least one photo each day for this year.


For this day I chose an American icon, the lighthouse. Fired up in 1857, this lighthouse was at the edge of the ocean. Still in its original location it is now about 1/2 mile from the beach, which represents island growth.


Atlantic City is a seedy mess, to my mind, but this feature is a real historic beauty. I understand that the lens in the building is the original. 


f22 | 1/100 (ev -.33) | ISO 125 | Nikon D200 | Nikkor 28 -105mm lens

No comments:

Post a Comment