Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 20, 2011 -- Old Homestead and Falls

Three photos today. 
Driving to the trail head I saw this old home. There were lots of cattle surrounding it as I pulled over, but the Alpha mama, moo-ed and pushed everyone away, leaving this young steer to stair me off. 
Once at the trail head, we hiked in about 3.5 miles to get to see these falls -- a moderate hike. Certainly not easy. The last part, to get close to the falls, involves a lot of rock scrambling. I think these two photos tell the story. Just glorious. And the sound, was like a cannon. I was told that in the spring and early summer when the snow and ice run off beings, the falls are immense, but extremely hard to get to because of the heavy snow cover on the trail.

f 5.6 | 1/320s -0.33ev | ISO 100 | Nikon D200 87mm




No comments:

Post a Comment