Wednesday, June 29, 2011

24 June 2011 -- Boat Dock and US Flag Reflection

As you know by now, I like reflections. On the morning that I shot this photo (about 6:30AM), Lake Okaboji was absolutely still. You can see by the flag that the air was extremely still allowing the lake to be a mirror. When I went out of the house I was so excited by the potentials for shooting. This image was one of a trio I took and which I intended to be part of an HDR image. However there was not sufficient shadow/light differentiation, not sufficient contrast to make a good HDR. I tried, but it was not very interesting. 


This photo turned out well on its on, I think. I also imagined the photo as a black and white image while taking it. I thought it would range between zone 4 and 7, using the zone system. I used Alien Skin Exposure 2 to create an approximation of what the image might have looked like if taken with Kodak T-Max 100 B&W film (a film I often used with my F-100). 


Which image do you like better and why?





f5 | 1/90s | ISO 100 | Nikon D200 | Nikkor 24-120mm lenshttp://www.flickr.com/photos/mgelula/5885571547/http://www.flickr.com/photos/mgelula/5886169004/

No comments:

Post a Comment