Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 13, 2011 - All in step with band-aid

This is street photography. I really like the genre. I can go out and just do, thinking, "I will shoot people and events."  There is no major pressure like I feel with architectural shots or even flowers.

In imagining this shot, for which I fired off seventeen shots to get this one, I liked that these two tween girls were playing in the water at Millennium Park (Chicago). And I liked that they were "in step". I also liked the light and shadow. The whole thing was perfect.  Here is the story: these young girls would go into the water and then trace their steps so that their footprints would mark the tiles. You can see some evidence of previous footsteps. Apparently this game involved going back and forth numerous times. I have no idea what it was all about. I credited their activity to "just having fun."  Only at the post production phase did I notice the band-aid. But it made this shot for me, with the bright yellow color against the tan and brown pants.

All in step with band-aid.jpg
f6 | 1/400s | ISO 400 | Nikon D200

No comments:

Post a Comment