Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 22, 2011 -- Fallen Tree

These two photos were taken on June 22 in the aftermath of the storm that in 3 minutes devastated many of the trees in Park Ridge. It was this storm that let us to be without power for 36 hours. Friends of ours, also living in this community, were without power for 45 hours. You can see the power of the wind. I believe it was a small tornado. Fortunately, nothing like the one that decimated Joplin, Missouri. 

This is an HDR image composed of five images. I used Photomatrix 4, "Painterly mode" with a minor adjustment or two.

Fallen Tree HDR Sm.JPG
Aperture priority | f7.1 | 2/3 stop | ISO 400 | Nikon D200 | Nikkor 24 -120 mm lens

The next image is simply photojournalism. I wanted to share the power of the storm. Falling directly on his house, my neighbor's tree cracked at the top third. He tells me he "was scared shitless" by the sound of it hitting his home. Amazingly there was almost no house damage: only a slight dent in his rain gutter.


My Neighbor's House.JPG
f 3.3 1/100s | ISO 125 | Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment