Friday, June 3, 2011

June 1, 2011 -- Bushkill Falls, PA

We decided to hike the 2.5 mile loop to gather in the sights of this magnificent series of falls coming off the Bushkill River near Shawnee Pennsylvania. The hiking was very easy as the land was privately owned and beautifully maintained with staircases for easy access to the falls. Still, we had to climb up and down a fair bit and both of us came out with a good sweat. 

Here I am sharing three shots: two are panoramas.

I decided not to crop this "Creek and Falls" panorama because I would have had to over-crop resulting in no worthwhile picture.  I like the panorama because you can get a sense of how these eight waterfalls develop. I actually shot this series of images with my camera on an angle of about 30 degrees left held in portrait position and shot left to right as you see it. It was an experiment, and I think came out generally as I hoped. 

Creek and Falls_PanoramaDS.jpg
ISO 400 | Nikon D200 | Tamron 18 - 270mm Lens


The second panorama is comprised of three photos which I took "top" to bottom. My position for this series was from farther away than the previous image. The image is a bit blurred at the top, sadly. I don't know what I did there. 

Bridal Falls PanoramaDS.jpg

ISO 400 | Nikon D200 | Tamron 18 - 270mm Lens

This last shot is head on of one of the "Bridal Veil" falls. Aptly named, we thought. I actually took 4 shots like this, each with varying shutter speeds. I had in mind to give a silky quality to the waterfall. But it turns out that what nature intended looks best.

Bridal Veil FallsDS.jpg

f6 | 1/160s | ISO 400 | Nikon D200 | Tamron 18 - 270mm Lens

No comments:

Post a Comment