Tuesday, February 8, 2011

21/365 Jan 21 2011 Turtles


Preamble: Here is my photoblog of the photo of the day for 365 days of 2011.  The Blog date indicates when I posted on the blog, but I was also posting via email on the date the photo was taken. 
From this date (Jan 21) until Feb 7 I had very bad internet connectivity. 

Blog entry: 
As I indicated earlier, there is a large bandwidth problem at the place where I am staying in Mexico. So I am forced to use my email to send the photo blog.  In have decided that I will enter all these blog submissions to the photo blog when I get home. Meanwhile, please enjoy this via email.

Zihautanejo is a place not just for humans, but for turtles as well. Each year hundreds of sea turtles come here to lay their eggs. This happens in the autumn. Now the turtles have hatched and we were asked to assist them to find their way into the ocean.  What an amazing experience. These tiny turtles new where to go. I walked with it on my hand into the ocean up to my chest in depth, then let the turtle go from my palm. It began swimming immediately out into the depths of the sea. Directly, without a second of hesitation.  I feel that I have done a wonderful thing for nature and the turtles as well.

f2.8 1/1600sec  ISO 80  FL3.9mm  Lumix camera
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment