Sunday, February 13, 2011

44/365 Feb 13 2011 Going to the Dogs

I have no grandchildren. Well, no human grandchildren. But I do have five four-legged grandchildren.
Two are cats and three are dogs. But these are not just average dogs. How could they be? After all they are my children's pets.

Monkey was my daughter-in-law's dog before she met my son. But Dave has so adopted Monkey that now he is her alpha. I asked if Monkey was the alpha for the other dogs. She may be for Wampa, but really Monkey does not care. All she cares about is food, food, food. But she is so sweet.
f3.9 1/30sec ISO 400  FL 59mm  Panasonic Lumix
Wampa was a rescue. She had been abused and was so thin and emaciated when Dave and Becky found her. She was fearful of almost everyone and terribly anxious. Wampa has had several bouts of surgeries to remove malignant growths, some of which were excised from her forehead. You can see the scar in this photo. But what you can also see is a sweet and perfectly loved girl. She is now secure and loving to all. By the way she is likely alpha to Tauntaun. Tauntaun was an unwilling model for these photos. Another time for her. I caught Wampa when she least expected my shot after taking about 8 other shots. This is perfect of her.
f3.7 1/15 sec  ISO 1600  FL 44mm  Panasonic Lumix


No comments:

Post a Comment