Sunday, February 20, 2011

Photo 51 Feb 20 2011 Mother with Ill Child

Taking walks in a place that is so different from where I live is my photographer's dream. So, today being Sunday and the day being fine there were lots of people out walking or sitting and chatting.  I walked around campus and then over to the hospital grounds, where there were many people. Then I walked out of the campus and along the main, quite bustling street where I met a number of people who were quite interested in me, my camera, where I was from, how long I would be here, where I was staying, if I ate the food, and would I take their photo.  Of course! That is what I wanted in the first place.

The photo of the day is of a very young mother and her baby. The mother was sitting on the grass under the shade of a tree . My guess she is between 16 & 17. Speaking with her, through a guy who was shadowing me, I learned that her baby had a congenital heart defect and was going to be operated on. I really did not expect her to agree to have their photo taken, but she agreed immediately. Perhaps it was because I showed interest in her child or perhaps it was the attention. But she brightened immediately, fussed with the baby for a few seconds and then I caught this shot. She was happy to see the result in my camera's screen.

Mother with Ill Child_022011sm.jpg
EXIF: f11  1/80sec  ISO 200  FL 52mm  Aperature priority  Nikon D200

No comments:

Post a Comment