Monday, February 28, 2011

Photo 56 25 February 2011 Ayurvedic College Dean

Ayurveda is an ancient healthcare practice in India. It goes back several thousand years (c 1500 BCE) and is based on using leaves of plants for medicinal purposes. The leaves are ground and used alone, in combination with other herbs or ground for their oils.  These herbs and oils are used in combination with other procedures including colonics, emetics, massage and use of leaches to capture "impurities".  

This ancient science is claimed by many to be a much more effective cure for many diseases. They have been doing controlled trials of many of their procedures and herbal approaches with apparently positive outcomes. ( I have not read these studies.)  Of all things, I was asked to give a talk to the faculty of the college, which I did.  I don't think I was nearly as interesting to them as they were to me.

The Principal (Dean to us) of this college, seen in this photo, told me that he specializes in male fertility problems. I elected not to ask him about treatments.


f3.3 1/15sec ISO 1000 (no flash) FL 25mm Panasonic Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment