Saturday, April 16, 2011

105 Photo of the day 16 April 2011 -- Bowl and Vase Floating on Table

With 365 photos to take, I have elected to establish a few "themes".  We have seen the beginning of several themes already. Today I introduce another: familiar items around my house.  There are several reasons for establishing this theme:

  1. It is interesting to make something interesting out of the familiar
  2. Several of the items I have in mind are inherently interesting to me
  3. When I am stuck, having reached a point in the day when I know it is too late to travel to take a series of shots, these items are at hand.
So, today's item consists of this vase and bowl. Made in western Mexico, these colors, the design and the shape of the vase are typical of things found in Zihuatanejo and environs.  We have these sitting on our dining room table. I see them multiple times daily and rarely seem to ignore them. They seem to pull me into them.  So, I tried to take this photo in a way that it was a bit blurred as if I was being pulled into them by some force. After I took the photos, I noticed that the shadow and reflections caused the bowl to appear as if it was floating. 

I did very little adjustment other than some cropping and balancing of light and color.  The photo was taken in available incandescent light. 

f29  10sec  ISO 400  FL=52mm  Nikon D200
 Lens Tamron 19-35  f3.5-4.5

No comments:

Post a Comment