Friday, April 1, 2011

89 Photo of the Day 31 March 2011 -- Bonsai Model

I've been looking at this tree for a few years. Each year it's somewhat windswept appearance becomes slightly more accentuated. March 31 was a lovely day here.  Temperatures were finally in the mid 40's and it was sunny with little wind. A perfect day for a long walk.

So, following the rule of "never leave home without a camera" and knowing I had not photo for the day as yet, I was glad to come across several friends, this tree being one of them.

It is not the best shot I've taken of a tree, yet I think you will see the windswept look that I have so many times admired in bonsai plants.

The photo was slightly cropped and then adjusted to provide a bit more depth to the blue sky. During editing I also used Tiffen Dfx to provide a #4 polarizing filter  and then followed that with adjustments to bring out more green using a curves level in Photoshop CS5.

Bonzai Mode_DS.jpg
f4  1/320sec   ISO 80   FL=37mm Panasonic Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment