Monday, April 18, 2011

107 Photo of the Day April 18 2011 -- Backyard at Dark

When I was a kid and using a Brownie Hawkeye camera, there was no extended shutter time for long exposures. I saw, I pushed the shutter release and I took the film to the drug store where film was then taken if you were not a pro or proam photographer. Sort of like Costco or Walmart today.
So I have never really had a feel for long exposures. This photo was taken at 8:54PM Chicago time. It was completely dark. 
The camera was on a tripod in a very dark room in order to avoid reflections off the window (through which I was shooting).

The image is actually two shots stitched together. It's too small to call a panorama, but that is what it is called. I used PanoramaMaker for the stitching process. 

In this shot you can see the glow of Chicago in the upper right corner. It's interesting how the glow from the house windows does not affect the shot. The only adjustments I made were cropping out a curtain and increasing the exposure factor. Both were done in Photoshop CS5 Camera Raw.



f9 | 15s |  ISO 400 |  FL 30 mm |  Nikon D200  Tamron Lens 19-35  1:3.5

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower.
    I invite you to visit and follow my blog.

    God Bless and have a Nice Easter :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete