Sunday, April 24, 2011

112 Photo of the Day 23 April 2011 -- There was a house here yesterday

In my area many homes are being demolished to make way for larger, elaborate, and hugely expensive houses. Apparently builders feel that the land is worth more than the house situated on it.

I often have difficulty recalling what the previous house looked like. When I saw that there was another house about to be demolished down the street from my home I decided to record it and then capture its demise.  I was too late, hence the title of today's blog.  This photo is a combination of two photos stitched together horizontally. You will see that the processor was unable to cleanly merge the treads on the shovel. I tried to fix that manually, but the image was too complex for my skills. The grey lines on the right side of the image are portions of the chain-link fence bordering the site.

I used Panorama Maker 5 and I cropped the photo in Photoshop CS5.

f8 | 1/200s | ISO 100 | 36mm | Nikon D200 | Nikkor 24-120 1:3.5-5.6 Lens

No comments:

Post a Comment