Sunday, April 3, 2011

90 Photo of the Day April 1 2011 -- 2 year old in low light

I've been experimenting with photos in low light, without flash. This means using whatever natural or artificial light is present. Frequently I have to employ a very high ISO. 


This little girl was playing with her older sister at a restaurbar at which we were visiting. There was some light (but it was a dull gray day) coming in the window behind the girls. This child came up to me immediately when she saw the camera. I had already taken some shots in the depths of this place so I knew that I was going to need a hefty ISO: 3200. 


The result is somewhat noisy as you might expect with such a high ISO, but not bad I think. Friends who have cameras with larger sensors will get much less noise than my Nikon D200.


f3.8  1/30 sec   ISO 3200  FL 43mm  Nikon D200

No comments:

Post a Comment