Sunday, March 6, 2011

63 Photo of the Day March 5 2011 -- Rounding the Curve

I like trains. I am not one of these guys who goes chasing trains, but if I get the opportunity, I love to grab photos of them. So when I visited my friend yesterday, I suggested that we shoot some photos of trains...his miniature HO gauge trains.


Laid out on a 4x9 foot platform, this train set has enumerable switches, sidings, and track permutations and combinations. His trains can go from lowland to the mountains, through tunnels and into small towns -- .  Here we see a Chicago Bears special engine pulling a small load into a siding near the Beecher Meat Company.


I'd have loved to painted-in the wall behind to improve the realism. Time prevented me from doing that. Yet, on a quick glance, I think this photo does mirror an actual scene. Blink and you can see the engine moving toward you. Listen, can you hear that engine growling? Can you hear the horn blasting away?  I can almost smell the diesel fuel.  


f7.1  1/13 sec  (-0.67)  ISO 400 (no flash). FL 52mm (Tamron Wide-angle Lens) Nikon D200

No comments:

Post a Comment