Monday, March 7, 2011

64 Photo of the Day 6 March 2011 Kali

I have two cats, Kali and Seeta (named for Indian Godesses). 


While it is apparent that I am the "Alpha" that doesn't make taking their photos a simple task. In fact, the act is almost always unsatisfying. Just at the last minute which ever of the two I happen to be shooting will decide that she wants to yawn, or check out something on the floor, to lick her leg, or simply just leave me. Stranded with the camera I have no alternative but to hope for another opportunity.


One came on Sunday evening. Not only did Kali stay where she was, but after several shots during which she moved her head or (yes) yawned (I guess we humans are boring), she actually looked straight down the barrel of the lens and peered into me, presumably challenging me to get this photo and finally to leave her alone. 


I did both.


EXIF f7.1 1/25 sec  ISO 1000 (no flash)  FL 52mm  Nikon D200  Tamron Wide-Angle Lens 19-35mm

No comments:

Post a Comment