Thursday, March 10, 2011

67 Photo of the Day 9 March 2011 Waiting

Today's post is a theme post. 


People hurry and then wait. Or they just wait. Waiting can be a lonely enterprise for many people and I think some of that is evident in these photos. There are many ways to think about waiting. I am certain I will be posting more on this theme. Here are three, all taken within the context of the Chicago "El" on the Blue and Pink lines.


I converted these photos to B&W because I like the emotion of loneliness and apartness that it helps to convey. They each mimic Kodak T-Max 100 film. The conversion was done in Photoshop CS5 using the Alien Skin Exposure 2 plug-in software.  


I am interested in which you like best. Please comment and tell me why.


f3.5 1/50 sec ISO 400 FL: 25mm Manual Settings Panasonic Lumix

f3.7 1/25 sec ISO 400  FL: 44mm Manual Settings Panasonic Lumix

f3.5 1/100 sec ISO 400  FL: 25mm Manual Settings Panasonic Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment