Friday, March 25, 2011

82 Photo of the Day 24 March 2011 -- Ghandhi Walking

There is a wonderful sculpture park along a canal in Evanston, Illlinois.  The park runs for about a mile along a major street. As I was returning from a meeting I stopped and took shots of several of the sculptures. 

In the post shooting process I was caught between a modernistic, minimalist female nude and a wonderful, detailed and realistic sculpture of Gandhi striding into the future. The sculpture was made more realistic by the placement of a real garland around his neck and flowing down his left side. Of the seven shots I took of this sculpture, I liked this one best because it seemed to capture what I felt: that Gandhi was there and was striding past me with purpose.

We need more people like Gandhi who have vision, purpose and a stride toward those beliefs.

I modified this photo slightly by lightening Gandhi's face and arms in Camera Raw and bringing out texture and contrast in the clouds and sky using Color Range and Levels in Photoshop CS5.

f5.6  1/640sec  ISO 125  FL 25mm  Panasonic Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment