Sunday, March 27, 2011

84 Photo of the Day 26 March 2011 -- Which way is up?

"You never know where a photo will strike you."  I read that recently on a blog that I follow.  That quote hit home as I was going to a bar with Pat to watch some basketball before a dinner date with friends. It was cold on the 26th and everyone was bundled up, wishing that Spring would really arrive.  Pat was freezing and rushed into the Marriott where we knew there was a bar with good TVs. I was a step behind when I noticed the reflection of cars and traffic on the canopy over the entrance to the hotel.  Grabbed a couple of shots. This one turned out to be the best of those and the most interesting of the shots I took yesterday. (Hmmm, that's another interesting blog..."the shots I didn't use". Ha! Who would care?)

I rotated this image so that the reflection runs horizontally. Seeing the buildings laying horizontal inspired today's title: "Which way is up?" I also masked and then slightly increased the light intensity of the canopy.

I know this is not the greatest shot, but it was an interesting experiment for me. Also, this photo does remind me that there are photos to be taken everywhere.

f3.7 1/60sec ISO 200 FL: 44mm  Panasonic Lumix



No comments:

Post a Comment