Tuesday, March 29, 2011

86 Photo of the Day 28 March 2011 -- Dribbling

This image represents a photo that completely went sour. 


I had the idea to catch some of the basketball players at my health club with  shutter priority to capture and still the movement. When I started I realized that the natural light reflection on the gym floor could provide a nice compliment to the action photos. Unfortunately I used the wrong camera. Never believe that one of these point and shoot cameras (like my Panasonic Lumix), no matter what the quality (and mine is good) can come close to capturing an image taken with a pro camera like my Nikon D200. The lens and the internal software as well as the image sensor are just not of the quality of the Nikon.


So here we see a cropped example of my efforts. There is a lot of noise. I did increase the size of the image, then despeckled and reduced the noise as well, followed by resizing down. But as you can see this was to little avail.  However, I do like the shot and I will likely try to reproduce this photo using the Nikon at some point over the next 9 months. 


Oh my lord, 9 more months of this project? Yikes!  :) 

f4  1/250 sec (shutter priority)  ISO 400  FL 63mm Panasonic Lumix

No comments:

Post a Comment