Monday, March 14, 2011

71 Photo of the Day March 13 2011 -- Picture in a picture

I've been watching a commercial in which the actor holds a picture frame. We see the entire scene and then move into the frame where we see another image.  I was intrigued by that idea and thought I would work on it. 


Here is one of my first attempts.  I had to shoot the image at ISO 800 because I wanted as much depth of field as I could manage. I chose not to use a tripod because I wanted to "feel" the photo which I often do not when using one. Also, I did not want to use a flash because I am not comfortable that I would have gotten the right color balance. Why not take a shot completely outside or completely inside?  Because I wanted the contrasts which we see.


Thanks to my wife who willingly held the frame. 


f 20  1/10sec  ISO 800  FL 43mm  Nikon D200

No comments:

Post a Comment